Well, in yesterday’s second report I said “more tomorrow” so here it is… I was going to take a few more photos, but it basically looks like it did in the last ones I posted in the BBT site report yesterday right now only it’s on a steep decline! Looks promising “to me” for the weekend now is all I have to add. Hope you are all well!
May 19, 2020 #2
Sending our best wishes to everyone on the east side dealing with the real flooding disasters!! “When it rains it pours” is an understatement sometimes and this is the last thing those folks need on top of what we have all been dealing with…
Here on the PM we are still climbing on the M-37 gauge, but there is an ever so slight bend in the upward slope and the very beginnings of a curve at this point.
It’s almost a foot higher than the May 1st peak now and will remain very unsafe for some time yet regardless of what happens in the next day or so, but it wouldn’t shock me if we started to see the downslope at some point overnight.
The photos at M-37 and Green are from 2pm this afternoon. It has gone up considerably since then. More tomorrow…
John and I had a great time guiding Jay and Patrice on Sunday despite the pouring rain! A few fish rising here and there to the very abundant sulphers, but we stuck to the sub service game and got it done. Both anglers put a handful of small to medium fish to hand and turned some real dandies, but I only have a couple of shots of Patrice’s.
My next trip is scheduled for Thursday, but that’s gonna take a minor miracle to not postpone that one. After that I’m currently booked three days and blocked for one on the 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th, but am otherwise open for anyone interested in spending some time on the water with me.
John K and Kam have lots of openings as well and the motel is up and running! Give the shop a call for reservations and my heartfelt thanks goes out to all of you for your support in whatever form it comes in. 231-745-3529
Wishing you all well… Steve