PDA

View Full Version : Winter Steelhead Fishing Video

bigfish87
04-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Here is a video I put together from a few fishing trips this winter. Let me know what everyone thinks.

http://www.hybrid-outdoors.com/home/winter-steelhead-fishing/

sabbatoy
04-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Watched the video. Good job...

mdj
04-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Thanks for sharing, looks like good times! The net cam is "dizzying"

dgawlak
04-05-2015, 12:05 AM
Nice job with the video and fishing. The gill grabs are disturbing to me.

bigfish87
04-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Nice job with the video and fishing. The gill grabs are disturbing to me.

I agree. That is not me and I knew someone would say something. I have told my friends and they know better, but I am not going to argue about it in that moment of them landing a steelhead and it being on video. Next time, hopefully it doesn't happen otherwise I'll just leave those shots out.

grizzlybaffler
04-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Great video. Funny how as catch and release fisherman we r drawn right to stuff like the gill grab. I get it. I bring friends up to show them what I love and they do some cringe worthy stuff on occasion. You just teach them and move on. Well done though.

dgawlak
04-05-2015, 01:27 PM
I agree. That is not me and I knew someone would say something. I have told my friends and they know better, but I am not going to argue about it in that moment of them landing a steelhead and it being on video. Next time, hopefully it doesn't happen otherwise I'll just leave those shots out.

You worked hard catching those fish and spent, I am sure, a lot of time on the video which I enjoyed. Sorry about bringing that up but it caught my attention.

gregush
04-05-2015, 09:05 PM
You worked hard catching those fish and spent, I am sure, a lot of time on the video which I enjoyed. Sorry about bringing that up but it caught my attention.

I don't think you owe an apology. He asked for the forum's thoughts, and realized that the gill-raping scenes would draw some comments.

grizzlybaffler
04-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Dgawlack and bigfish. No controversy intended. I looked right at those gill grabs and cringed. But the Bucks, Bulls, Bruins, steel and brews in that stealthcraft looked like someone getting it done. You captured all of what I love to do. Well done. Just enjoy. Love the footage. Sums up a year that I try to make happen every year and only actually accomplish every 3-4.